Are you a tech fanatic questioning concerning the origin of the solid-state drive and when it hit the marketplace for the primary time? Well, SSD has been round for fairly a very long time.
You could discover it exhausting to consider, however SSD has been round for over 40 years. It appeared out there for the primary time in 1976 and was launched by Dataram.
In the start, SSD was named “BULK CORE” because it was fairly cumbersome and had storage of 2 MB. Later on, StorageTeK launched the RAM-based model of SSD in 1978.
We have compiled a complete information so that you can discover the historical past of SSD and a few restore strategies for fixing a corrupted SSD.
- When Did SSD Come Out?
- Fixing a Corrupted SSD
- Method #1: Updating SSD Firmware
- Step #1: Checking the SSD Firmware Version
- Step #2: Installing and Updating Firmware
- Method #2: Updating Drivers
- Method #3: Running the “chkdsk” Command
- Method #4: Using a Free Repair Tool
- Method #5: Using the Power Cycle Method
- Method #1: Updating SSD Firmware
When Did SSD Come Out?
The first ever SSD hit the market in 1976 and was launched by Dataram with the identify “Bulk Core”. It offered round 2 MB of solid-state storage and was appropriate with Data General (DG) and Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) Computers.
Two years later, StorageTek got here up with a RAM-based storage drive. Later on, a number of corporations entered the SSD market and launched an advanced model of the state drive. For occasion, in 1984, Tallgrass Technologies Corporation launched a tape backup drive of 40 MB, which was expandable to 20 MB.
Santa Clara Systems launched a 4 MB mass storage system expandable to over 20 MB. The yr 1989 noticed the discharge of flash memory-based SSDs and 1995 was marked by the introduction of high-density NAND flash memory-based solid-state drives by the businesses like Western Digital and M-System, respectively.
Fixing a Corrupted SSD
If you’ve obtained an SSD and it’s not working or is corrupted, our 5 step-by-step strategies will assist you to repair the issue with out a lot problem.
Method #1: Updating SSD Firmware
It is feasible to repair a corrupted SSD by updating its firmware with these steps.
Step #1: Checking the SSD Firmware Version
Open “Device Manager” in your PC, broaden “Disk Drivers”, and right-click your SSD. Select “Properties” > “Details” > “Hardware IDs” from the drop-down menu below the “Property” part. The firmware model of your SSD will probably be situated on the far proper facet.
Step #2: Installing and Updating Firmware
Install the SSD firmware update tool in your PC and launch the applying. Check for the firmware model to make sure that it matches the Device Manager. Click “License” > “Accept”. Then, select the updates accessible on your SSD. Click “Update Driver” and choose “Yes” for affirmation. Click “OK” to finish the method.
Once the firmware replace completes, restart your PC and verify the firmware model of your SSD once more to confirm the modifications.
Method #2: Updating Drivers
To repair a corrupted SSD, you may replace its drivers utilizing these steps.
- Press Win + X and choose “Device Manager” from the menu.
- Click “Disk Drives” to broaden it.
- Right-click your SSD, select “Update Driver”, and observe the prompts.
- Once the method completes, restart your PC and verify for the problem.
Method #3: Running the “chkdsk” Command
You can verify and repair SSD points by operating the “chkdsk” command with these steps.
- Type “cmd” within the search bar in your PC and run Command Prompt with administrative rights.
- Select “Yes” to verify, sort
chkdsk /fwithin the Command Prompt, and hit Enter.
- Once completed, sort
: exitand press Enter to complete the method.
You can now efficiently entry and browse information out of your corrupted SSD in your PC.
Method #4: Using a Free Repair Tool
If your SSD has stopped responding on account of an unknown file system error, you may repair it utilizing a third-party free restore software like EaseUS Partition Manager with these steps.
- Download, set up, and open EaseUS Partition Manager in your PC.
- Locate the disk containing your SSD and right-click the partition you want to verify.
- Click “Advanced”.
- Select “Check File System”.
- Choose “Try to fix errors if found” from the pop-up window and click on “Start”.
- Click “Finish” as soon as the scanning completes.
In addition to eliminating unknown file system errors, EaseUS Partition Manager can resize, merge, and format partitions to unravel low disk house points.
Method #5: Using the Power Cycle Method
If your stable state drive isn’t but put in in your PC, you should utilize the facility cycle technique to repair the corrupted drive with these steps.
- Connect a energy cable to your SSD.
- Turn and go away the energy on for half-hour.
- After half-hour, unplug the facility cable.
- When half-hour move once more, restore the energy and go away it for an additional half hour.
- Make the facility go down once more and watch for 30 seconds.
- You will get your SSD again to life, and it’s now prepared to return into your laptop computer.
In this information, we’ve mentioned when SSD got here out and the way it advanced. We have additionally mentioned some fixes you may attempt when the SSD isn’t working.
We hope considered one of these strategies has labored for you, and you may get pleasure from the advantages of ample storage and pace concurrently along with your SSD.