Have you modified the keyboard shortcuts in your Chromebook however now need to use the default keys sample? Although this course of appears slightly sophisticated, you are able to do so with out a lot effort.
To reset the Chromebook keyboard shortcuts, reset your gadget. To do that, press and maintain the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R keys and select “Restart”. Select “Powerwash” within the new window and click on “Continue”. Follow the on-screen prompts to log in to your Google account and arrange the Chromebook.
To make issues extra comprehensible, we took the time to put in writing a complete step-by-step information on easy methods to reset Chromebook keyboard shortcuts with straightforward directions.
- Resetting Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts
- Method #1: Resetting Keyboard Shortcuts Manually
- Method #2: Factory Resetting the Chromebook
- Method #3: Powerwashing the Chromebook
- Method #4: Hard Resetting the Chromebook
- Changing the Chromebook Keyboard From INTL to US
Resetting Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts
If you might be questioning easy methods to reset your Chromebook keyboard shortcuts, our following 2 step-by-step strategies will enable you undergo this course of rapidly.
Method #1: Resetting Keyboard Shortcuts Manually
If your Chromebook keyboard shortcuts are appearing up or you may have configured them earlier however need to use the default ones now, you are able to do so manually by doing these steps.
- Click the time icon within the backside proper nook of your Chromebook display screen.
- Click the gear-shaped icon that seems to entry Settings.
- Click “Device”, scroll all the way down to sub-settings, and choose “Keyboard” to see a listing of keys you may have personalized.
- Select the default possibility subsequent to each keyboard shortcut.
For instance, if the Ctrl key is personalized as an Esc key, choose Ctrl within the drop-down menu to reset it to the default shortcut key.
Method #2: Factory Resetting the Chromebook
Another strategy to reset keyboard keys is to reset the Chromebook again to its manufacturing unit or default settings within the following manner.
- Press the Escape key, the Refresh key, and the energy button in your Chromebook.
- Press the Ctrl + D keys and press Enter to maneuver by way of the subsequent pop-up display screen.
- Press the Spacebar to allow OS verification.
- Wait for the system to reboot, your Chromebook shall be like new, and the keyboard shortcuts shall be reset.
Method #3: Powerwashing the Chromebook
If the manufacturing unit reset course of fails to revive the default keyboard shortcuts, you’ll be able to powerwash your gadget with these steps.
- Log out of your Chromebook and press and maintain the Ctrl + Alt + Shift + R keys.
- Choose the “Restart” possibility on the “Reset this Chrome Device” window.
- Choose “Powerwash” within the new window.
- Select “Continue”.
- Follow the on-screen instruction to log again into your Google account.
- Again observe the on-screen prompts to arrange your system and confirm that the keyboard shortcuts are reset.
Keep in Mind
The Chromebook reset course of will depend on the mannequin you personal. For instance, it’s possible you’ll must press a particular reset button on some fashions. In distinction, on different fashions, you simply must unplug the facility cable or re-insert the battery to carry out an entire reset that clears your settings, together with keyboard shortcuts.
If you register with a brand new Google account after resetting your Chromebook, will probably be your owner account.
You may also powerwash your Chromebook by way of the Chrome browser to reset keyboard shortcuts.
- Launch Chrome.
- Click the menu button on the top-right nook, represented because the three vertical strains, to open up a drop-down menu.
- Click “Settings”.
- Scroll all the way down to the underside and click on the “Advanced” possibility.
- Find “Reset Settings”.
- Select “Powerwash”.
- Choose “Restart” below the “Restart this device” dialog field.
Your Chromebook will now restart to finish the powerwash course of. Next, register along with your Google account, and you’ll discover that the keyboard shortcuts are reset.
Method #4: Hard Resetting the Chromebook
It can be attainable to reset your Chromebook keyboard shortcuts by exhausting resetting the machine with the steps talked about beneath.
- Power off your Chromebook.
- Press and maintain the Refresh key and the energy button on the keyboard.
- Once your Chromebook boots up, launch the Refresh key and let the system load with default settings.
Changing the Chromebook Keyboard From INTL to US
Sometimes, your Chromebook might show “INTL” on the underside proper of the display screen, that means that the keyboard settings and shortcuts are modified to the International keyboard as a substitute of the US Standard keyboard.
In this case, some keys won’t act based on the keyboard symbols, which might additionally have an effect on shortcuts. It occurs if you unintentionally press the Ctrl and Spacebar keys collectively.
To repair this problem, press the Ctrl + Spacebar keys on the keyboard, and your shortcuts will reset again to US settings.
In this information, we’ve mentioned resetting Chromebook keyboard shortcuts manually, manufacturing unit resetting the gadget, powerwashing, and exhausting resetting. We’ve additionally mentioned altering the keyboard from INTL to the US enter to get the keyboard keys working appropriately once more.
Hopefully, your question has been answered on this article, and now you can rapidly use the identical key you used.