Kodi is likely one of the finest open-source and free media gamers that works equally as effectively on a big display screen as on a compact one. Kodi itself doesn’t take up a lot storage; nonetheless, it gives a plethora of add-on choices, and so they can sum as much as take a big chunk of your gadget’s reminiscence. There are quite a lot of strategies that may assist you to unlock storage on Kodi.
Your Kodi’s cache is the largest offender, taking on a lot of the cupboard space. If you filter the cache information, you possibly can unlock quite a lot of cupboard space. You can do this by putting in a upkeep add-on akin to Indigo. It will mean you can clear cache reminiscence in addition to delete different little pointless information to clear up quite a lot of house.
Having sufficient free reminiscence for the Kodi participant will make it work a lot smoother and keep away from fixed freezes and crashes.
This article will focus on all of the options to unlock house on Kodi put in on any of your units so you possibly can take pleasure in an uninterrupted media expertise.
- Using the Indigo Add-On
- Clear Cache
- Delete Thumbnails
- Delete Crash Logs
- Delete Textures.db
- Clearing the Cache Manually
- Clearing the Cache for Fire Stick Devices
- Removing Unused Add-Ons
- The Bottom Line
Using the Indigo Add-On
As Kodi is open-source software program, it’s extremely customizable, and builders have created some very modern instruments that allow you to take full management of the software program. You want to put in one in all these instruments, like OpenWizard or Indigo, as an add-on to your Kodi software program.
- After putting in Indigo, launch the appliance.
- Head to the “Maintenance Tools” tab.
There can be many instruments right here that can assist you clear the cupboard space. Here’s a short rationalization of what every possibility is supposed for.
This is a very powerful possibility. As the identify suggests, it should assist you to wipe out all of the cache information out of your Kodi software program. You solely have to click on on this selection, and you may be requested to verify your choice. Once you affirm, all of your cache information can be cleared out.
Whenever you obtain a film or TV present, it comes together with its thumbnails. Sometimes, these thumbnails stay on your gadget even when you delete the film or TV present. Deleting these further thumbnails can unlock quite a lot of house when you’re consistently downloading and deleting new films.
However, when you have a specific quantity of media on Kodi and the thumbnails part takes up little or no house, you’re higher off leaving it as is. Removing thumbnails can generally trigger points enjoying the films and exhibits.
Delete Crash Logs
Crash logs are saved to maintain observe of the bugs and crashes you encounter on your Kodi software program. Every time you encounter a system efficiency concern, the software program will generate a crash log and put it aside in a folder that takes up some reminiscence.
However, as soon as the problem is resolved, older crash logs turn out to be ineffective. So, it can save you up quite a lot of house by deleting the beforehand generated crash logs.
This is one in all Kodi’s databases that retailer totally different artworks for the media you maintain within the software program. You can delete this database when you’re encountering points like art work not exhibiting up correctly and saving storage concurrently.
Clearing the Cache Manually
On your Android TV, you may also clear the cache information manually to unlock storage from Kodi.
- Search the Kodi app icon and head over to its choices display screen.
- Click on the “App Info” tab.
- Access the “Storage and Cache” tab.
- You will discover the “Clear Cache” button. Tap on this button to finish the method.
Clearing the Cache for Fire Stick Devices
You can clear Kodi’s cache information for Fire Stick units. Follow the steps talked about beneath to finish the method efficiently.
- Connect your Fire Stick and head over to its house web page.
- Navigate and discover Settings.
- Scroll down and click on the “Applications” part. It will redirect you to a brand new web page.
- Search and choose the “Manage Installed Applications” tab from this web page. All the Fire OS apps put in regionally will present up right here.
- Search for “Kodi” and faucet on its identify.
- You will discover the choice to clear its cache. Tap on the “Clear Cache” button to finish the method.
Removing Unused Add-Ons
There are quite a lot of totally different add-ons which you can join with Kodi to entry a plethora of latest options. However, generally folks simply set up these add-ons and neglect about them, as some are too gimmicky.
These add-ons can take up quite a lot of cupboard space when mixed. So, it’s all the time finest to delete the unused add-ons and unlock reminiscence when you’re low on storage. Here’s you are able to do that.
- Launch Kodi and head over to its Settings menu.
- Search and choose the “Add-ons” tab. It will present you all of the add-ons you’ve put in within the software program.
- Select the add-ons you now not use and click on on “Uninstall”. It will ask you to verify your choice, and also you’ll be performed.
The Bottom Line
Kodi is an incredible open-source media participant that almost all customers love. However, attributable to its versatility, you possibly can simply let the software program develop giant by attempting out new add-ons with it and downloading tons of media.
The best choice is to clear the cache by putting in an add-on akin to Indigo. It can even assist you to take away pointless information from the software program. You also can delete the add-ons hooked up to Kodi that you simply now not use by heading to its settings panel.