Is your Outlook listing too cluttered, and you may’t discover the desired contact in the time of want? Luckily, now you can rapidly delete contacts from the Outlook app, giving it a cleaner look.
To delete contacts from the Outlook app, open the app in your PC, click on the “Contacts” tab and choose a contact. Click “Delete” from the ribbon on the display. To take away contacts from Outlook cell app, faucet the “Search” tab. Select “Contacts” at the prime and faucet the contact, and faucet “Delete Contact” at the backside.
We have put collectively a complete information for you on deleting contacts from the Outlook app utilizing easy step-by-step strategies.
- Deleting Contacts From the Outlook App
- Method #1: Using the Outlook Desktop App
- Method #2: Using the Android App
- Method #3: Using the iOS App
- Method #4: Using the Outlook Web App
- Deleting Contacts From the Outlook Autocomplete List
- Method #1: Deleting a Single Contact
- Method #2: Deleting All Contacts
- Method #3: Using the Outlook Web App
Deleting Contacts From the Outlook App
If you might be questioning how you can delete contacts from the Outlook app, our 4 step-by-step strategies will allow you to carry out this activity with out a lot effort.
Method #1: Using the Outlook Desktop App
Here are the steps you’ll want to observe to delete contacts out of your Outlook desktop app.
- Open the Outlook app in your PC and click on “Contacts”.
- Choose a contact.
- If you wish to delete extra contacts, maintain the Ctrl key and choose a number of contacts.
- Click “Delete” from the ribbon exhibiting on the display.
If you’ve gotten by accident deleted a contact, you may restore it by urgent the Ctrl + Z keys.
Method #2: Using the Android App
If you utilize the Outlook app on an Android system, use these steps to delete the contacts.
- Launch the Outlook app and faucet the search icon at the backside.
- Select the “Contacts” choice from the prime.
- Open the contact you wish to delete.
- Tap “Delete Contact”.
Method #3: Using the iOS App
Deleting contacts out of your Outlook iOS app with these steps is feasible.
- Launch the Outlook iOS app.
- Tap “Search”.
- Tap “People”.
- Select and faucet the contact you want to delete and open it.
- Scroll all the way down to the backside of the chosen contact and faucet “Delete Contact”.
Method #4: Using the Outlook Web App
If you like a browser to make use of Outlook, do these steps to delete contacts.
- Open the Outlook app in a browser.
- Click the “People” icon.
- Select the contact you want to delete. It is feasible to choose multiple contact by clicking the entries, and you will note checkmarks subsequent to them.
- Once all the desired contacts are chosen, click on the “Delete” choice at the prime.
- Choose “Delete” from the pop-up menu for affirmation.
Deleting Contacts From the Outlook Autocomplete List
You can even delete the addresses from the Outlook autocomplete listing to provide a a lot cleaner look to your e-mail interface utilizing our 3 step-by-step strategies beneath.
Method #1: Deleting a Single Contact
Here are the steps you’ll want to observe to delete a single contact out of your Outlook autocomplete listing.
- Tap the “New Message” choice at the prime to create a brand new e-mail.
- In entrance of the “To” choice, enter the deal with or title you want to delete.
- You will discover all the accessible matches in the autocomplete listing beneath.
- Press the down arrow in your keyboard and spotlight the choice you wish to delete from the listing.
- Select the “X” icon subsequent to the contact or hit the Delete key to take away the chosen entry.
Method #2: Deleting All Contacts
It is feasible to delete all the entries on Outlook’s autocomplete listing with the beneath steps.
- Open the Outlook app in your PC and click on the “File” tab.
- Select “Options” and select the “Mail” class.
- Choose the “Empty Auto-Complete List” choice from the “Send messages” part.
- Choose “Yes” from the dialog field to verify.
Did You Know?
You can flip off the autocomplete listing and cease it from suggesting recipients in your Outlook app. For this, clear the “Use Auto-Complete List to suggest names” choice when filling the “To”, “Cc”, and “Bcc” fields.
Method #3: Using the Outlook Web App
You can delete contacts from the autocomplete listing in your Outlook net app in the following approach.
- Open the Outlook web app in your PC.
- Select the “People” icon on the display.
- Click the contact containing the e-mail deal with you want to take away from the autocomplete listing. To discover the contact or e-mail deal with rapidly, put it in the search field. Select the “Edit” choice subsequent to the chosen contact.
- From the “Edit contact” menu, take away the undesirable deal with and click on “Save”.
You have efficiently eliminated the contact from the Outlook net app, and it gained’t seem in the autocomplete listing anymore.
In this information, we’ve got mentioned how you can delete contacts from the Outlook app on totally different units, together with your PC, Android, and iOS. We have additionally appeared into eradicating the undesirable contacts/addresses from the Outlook autocomplete listing.
We hope one among these strategies has labored for you, and now you can take pleasure in a decluttered Outlook interface.