Have you puzzled about the refresh fee of your monitor and thought to test it out? Don’t fear; you are able to do this in comparatively easy steps.
To examine if the monitor is operating at 144 Hz, flip in your PC and click on the Start menu. Type “Settings” in the search bar and click on “Display”. Click “Advanced display settings”; the refresh fee is displayed on this window.
We took the time to write down a complete information on checking if the monitor is operating at 144 Hz. We may even share the way to repair a monitor not operating on 144 Hz.
- What Is a 144 Hz Monitor?
- Checking if the Monitor Is Running at 144 Hz
- Method #1: Checking the (*144*) Rate on Windows
- Method #2: Checking the (*144*) Rate on macOS
- Method #3: Checking the (*144*) Rate through DeviceChecks
- How To Set Your Monitor to 144 Hz
- Frequently Asked Questions
What Is a 144 Hz Monitor?
A monitor with a refresh fee of 144 Hz can load 144 photos per second, two instances quicker than common screens.
The 144 Hz monitor gives smoother photos with excessive decision and is finest for enjoying video video games. In addition, it has slower enter lag and permits extra highly effective graphic playing cards.
You will want a dual-link DVI, a DisplayPort, or an HDMI 1.4 to help 1080p content material on a 144 Hz monitor. However, an HDMI 2.0 or a DisplayPort 1.2 cable is required to help 1440p content material.
Checking if the Monitor Is Running at 144 Hz
If you don’t know the way to examine if your monitor is operating at 144 Hz, our following 3 step-by-step strategies will assist you undergo the complete course of with out a lot hassle.
Method #1: Checking the (*144*) Rate on Windows
The finest option to examine if the monitor is operating at 144 Hz is by discovering the refresh fee on Windows PC by doing these steps.
- Turn in your PC and click on the Start menu.
- Type “Settings” in the search bar.
- In the settings window, click on “Display”.
- In the Display window, scroll down and click on “Advanced display settings”.
The refresh fee of your Windows PC is displayed on the “Advanced display settings” window. You can now examine whether or not the monitor is operating at 144 Hz or not.
It can be doable to examine the refresh fee in your Windows PC from the Intel Graphics Control Panel. To do that, first, flip in your PC and click on the Start menu. Type “Intel Graphics Control Panel” in the search bar and click on it to launch. Click “Display”, and the refresh fee is displayed right here.
Method #2: Checking the (*144*) Rate on macOS
If you’re utilizing a Mac pc as a substitute of a Windows one, comply with these steps to examine the desired 144 Hz refresh fee.
- Turn in your macOS and click on the Apple menu on the higher left nook of the display.
- Open System Preferences.
- Click “Displays”.
- On the Displays window, see if your Mac pc’s refresh fee is 144 Hz.
Click the drop-down menu to select one other refresh fee to your MacOS on the Displays window if the monitor isn’t operating at 144 Hz.
Method #3: Checking the (*144*) Rate through DeviceChecks
With these steps, you possibly can examine the refresh fee in your Windows PC or Mac by visiting the Testufo web site.
- Switch in your PC and launch a browser of your selection.
- Go to our refresh fee take a look at.
- Wait for a number of seconds.
After a number of seconds, the refresh fee of your monitor is displayed on the display.
How To Set Your Monitor to 144 Hz
If you suppose your monitor isn’t operating at 144 Hz, you possibly can change the settings manually with these steps.
- Switch in your PC and go to the Start menu.
- Type “Settings” in the search bar.
- Click “Display”. You may entry the Display Settings by right-clicking in your PC’s desktop and deciding on “Display” in the drop-down.
- Click “Advanced display settings”.
- Click “Display adapter properties for Display 1” to vary the refresh fee.
- Navigate to the “Monitor” tab in the pop-up window.
- Select the drop-down beneath “Screen refresh rate”.
From the checklist of obtainable refresh charges in the drop-down menu, select 144 Hz to your monitor and click on “OK”.
If your monitor continues to be not operating at 144 Hz, replace the monitor drivers in your Windows PC in the following approach.
- Open Device Manager.
- Click “Display Adapters”.
- Select the monitor your want to replace.
- Choose “Update Driver Software” from the drop-down menu.
After you’ve up to date the monitor driver, your system will hopefully run at 144 Hz. Try utilizing a good high quality cable along with your monitor as a result of low-cost cables lead to a decrease refresh fee.
In this information on the way to examine if a monitor is operating at 144 Hz, we’ve mentioned strategies to examine your monitor’s refresh fee. We have additionally shared troubleshooting strategies to repair your monitor if it’s not operating at 144 Hz.
Hopefully, your query is answered in the article, and now you possibly can rapidly examine your monitor’s refresh fee and replace it to 144 Hz.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you set 144 Hz shows to 120 Hz?
Yes, you possibly can set your 144 Hz monitor to 120 Hz and even decrease, however this will scale back the variety of photos loading per second. Some folks contemplate lowering the refresh fee when they aren’t utilizing extremely demanding graphical packages because it reduces the total stress on the system.
Why is my 144 Hz monitor caught at 60 Hz?
The cables you employ will have an effect on the refresh fee of your monitor. For instance, the normal HDMI cable solely helps 60 Hz. Therefore, if you employ one in all these, your monitor will run on 60 Hz. Also, it’s attributable to the misconnection of the cables and the ports.