Venmo is a digital wallet for online transactions and has an app you can use on your mobile device for easier access. But sometimes, you may experience issues that drive you to cancel your Venmo account on your iPhone.
To cancel your Venmo account on your iPhone, open the Venmo app and log in using your account credentials. Next, tap the three-line icon, choose Settings, select the “Close My Venmo Account” option, and tap “Next” to download your recent account statement. Choose “Next” from the next screen and tap “Close Account” to confirm.
We have compiled an extensive guide for you on canceling a Venmo account on iPhone and PC or Desktop computer. We will also discuss canceling a payment and sending a refund request on the Venmo app if you have accidentally sent the payment to the wrong person.
- Canceling Your Venmo Account on an iPhone
- Canceling Your Venmo Account Using a PC
- Canceling a Payment on Venmo
- Sending a Refund Request on Venmo
Canceling Your Venmo Account on an iPhone
If you are wondering how to cancel the Venmo account on your iPhone, our following step-by-step method will help you complete this task in no time.
- Launch the Venmo app on your iPhone.
- Log in to your account using your Venmo account credentials.
- Tap the three-line icon, choose Settings, and select “Close My Venmo Account”.
- Tap “Next” to review and download your recent account statement.
- Select “Next” from the screen.
- Tap “Close Account”.
You have successfully canceled your Venmo account on your iPhone.
Canceling Your Venmo Account Using a PC
If you can’t cancel your Venmo account on your iPhone, use your desktop computer in the following way.
- Open a browser on your computer, go to Venmo’s official website, and log in to your account.
- Before proceeding to the account cancellation process, click the “Incomplete” option on the Home page and check for any incomplete transactions on your account.
- Click the “Transfer Money” option, select “Settings”, and choose the “Close My Venmo Account” option at the bottom.
- Select “Next” from the pop-up window to download your recent statement.
- Once you get the statement, click “Next” on the screen.
- Select the “Close Account” option on the next screen to cancel your Venmo account.
When your Venmo account is finally canceled, you will receive a final transaction history email.
Canceling a Payment on Venmo
If your sole reason for canceling the Venmo account is to revert or cancel a payment you’ve made, removing the account won’t do much.
However, using the mobile app, you can use these steps to cancel a Venmo payment.
- Launch the Venmo app on your iPhone.
- Log in using your account credentials and tap the three-line icon from the top-right corner.
- You will find a red dot on the three-line icon if there are any notifications or incomplete payments on your Venmo app.
- Tap the “Incomplete” option, and the “Requests” and “Payments” tabs will pop up.
- Tap the “Payments” option to see the details of the account you have sent the payment to.
- Tap “Take back” under the payment details.
- The payment will turn grey, and a message saying “You canceled this request” will appear on the screen.
You have successfully canceled your Venmo payment, and the entire amount will be refunded to your account.
Keep in Mind
The above method only works if you have sent the payment to a member who’s not active on Venmo. You cannot cancel a payment from your account if the recipient is an active Venmo user.
Sending a Refund Request on Venmo
You can request a refund on the Venmo app after accidentally sending a payment to the wrong person using these steps.
- Open the Venmo app from the Home screen of your iPhone.
- Select the “Pay or Request” option at the bottom.
- Put in the username of the person you sent the payment to and enter the dollar amount you paid. The Venmo app will also suggest you add a note stating the reason for the accidental payment.
- Tap the “Request” option.
- You will find a green message at the bottom asking for confirmation.
- Tap the message to confirm the request.
Sometimes, you don’t get the money back after sending the request. In this case, you can send a reminder to the recipient using these steps.
- Tap the three-line icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Incomplete” and tap “Requests”.
- Select the “Remind” option under the concerned request.
- A grey message saying “Reminded” will appear in place of Remind.
In this guide, we’ve discussed how to cancel Venmo accounts on your iPhone. We have also discussed using your computer if you cannot remove the account from the app.
Moreover, we’ve explored a method for canceling a payment on the Venmo app and sending a refund request after paying the wrong person.
Hopefully, you got what you were looking for, and you can now quickly remove your Venmo digital wallet account on your iOS device.